Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Last LSC Editor's Column

by Jackie Damrau

My time has come to turn the reins of the LSC Technically Write over to someone else. With my recent move to the state of Washington, my time is being consumed by work, other family life events, and starting in January 2011, the STC International Summit Awards.


I’ve enjoyed my time as your editor. My goal has always been to give you a newsletter that you could be proud of and that had lots of information that you might not see in any other STC publication. I know through the letters to the editor (some printed in back issues) and from emails that have not been shared that that goal has been met.

To quote Mia Hamm, “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” LSC, you have been my team; my newsletter staff—Paula Robertson, Jeanne Foster, Louellen Coker, Joshua Harris, Dale Erickson, Doug Dow; the managers and officers I’ve served with or have served; and all the members have been my family. It’s hard for me to step away, yet I must go on to champion the STC International Summit Awards.

I only ask that you not forget me too soon. I’ll keep my ear out for news about LSC and will always be a member-at-large.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories, for supporting me through my Associate Fellow and Fellow honors, and recognizing me as a BALA recipient. You’re near and dear to me.